Over fifteen years delivering software and business solutions and over eight years of executive level and senior management experience. Focused, efficient leadership of diverse, effective development teams. Active synthesis of industry trends and evolving business requirements to innovate product roadmaps and technology strategy.
- Innovating in the face of rapidly changing market needs.
- Communicating technical product vision with executive leadership and senior staff peers.
- Leading diverse and globally distributed solution development teams.
- Orchestrating and managing complex deliverables from distributed development teams.
- Relentless product focus through implementing iterative development process and methodology that engages stakeholders early and often.
- Created a new line of business leveraging an IOT architecture at Xerox International Partners, filing 20 patents (6 issued in 2014).
- Led and delivered highly successful printer management enterprise software for Dell, Inc.
- Originated multiple product line cloud connected solutions and services strategy for application enabled multi-function printers.
- Xerox e-commerce platform consulting and design, including multiple patent filings.
- Created strategic technology and product roadmaps for Interactive Northwest and directed the implementation team.
- Improved development and quality control lifecycles at Interactive Northwest to dramatically reduce customer support incidents.
- Designed innovated handset coupon delivery and e-commerce applications while at CypherEdge. Contributed to three patent filings.
- Orchestrated eight geographically dispersed Xerox IT teams to deliver a centralized e-commerce sales and service offering within Xerox Office Group.
- Managed distributed technical team to deliver a multi-faceted, production ready J2EE application in six months; architected RazorLynx Intelligent Services Network offering for remote printer management.
- Led design and delivery of Xerox PhaserSMART which joins printing device embedded software and information with online expert systems to deliver customer self-help. Authored two patent filings.
Xerox International Partners, May 2010 – Present
- Planned, opened and manage the Portland marketing development lab responsible for solution and service creation
- Communicate effectively and frequently with executive and senior staff, parent company and OEM customer engineering teams and executive staff to provide market intelligence, technical guidance, cloud subject matter expertise and new solution options.
- Built strong relationships with executive, business and engineering teams in India, Singapore, Japan, and UK.
- Applied SAS toolset to implement process reform and streamlining for project managers.
- Created solutions technology controller strategy for performance, advanced and mainstream class OEM customer product lines.
- Collaborated effectively with Fuji Xerox engineering teams to influence controller interface architecture and solution support, both remotely and in person.
- Devised financial models and Pro Forma P&L for new business concepts.
- Partnered with Fortune 50 OEM customer to guide and define product solution and service concepts.
- Researched mobile print solutions extensively on Android, iOS, and Blackberry OS. Created mobile print application prototypes for Android OS.
Interactive Northwest, Inc., November 2006 – May 2010
- Engaged customers in key sales situations to communicate INI’s technical acumen, technology interfaces, and set delivery expectations.
- Presented tech seminars on web services integration at industry conferences.
- Created strategic technology and product roadmaps for company, including defining the company product message.
- Defined the company’s application server platform specifications.
- Directed the Software Engineering and Quality Control teams, continuously prioritizing and directing many, simultaneous project efforts and resources.
- Defined Software Engineering practices enabling planned, predictable effort estimation and development cycles.
- Introduced toolsets and outlined skills training to improve development efficiency, developer effectiveness and quality processes.
- Lead the effort to establish knowledge sharing technology to institutionalize knowledge that was previously siloed.
RazorLynx LLC, acquired by CypherEdge Technologies Inc., June 2004 – September 2006
- Created and conducted frequent product demonstrations to prospective customers for printer management software offering and mobile handset software.
- Provided technical leadership, product definition and product vision for the CallMine and RazorLynx product lines.
- Defined the technical platform, architecture and functionality of the RazorLynx e-commerce product suite.
- Directed and managed the off-shore and onshore development teams and technical relationships to build enterprise applications for Fortune 100 clients.
- Planned resource and budget allocation for multiple development projects.
- Implemented software development lifecycle processes to drive consistency, repeatability, and efficiency for world-wide distributed development teams.
- Ensured the business requirements for releases were met on schedule and within budget.
- Defined and enforced the development best practices, standards, and collaborative toolsets for all technical teams.
Xerox, Inc. 1998 to 2004
- Team Lead for the Service Delivery and Field Service web application projects which streamlined the Xerox Office field service model.
- Chaired deliverable checkpoint meetings, reviewed application architectures, designs, and environment changes to ensure solutions were secure, scalable, and maintainable.
- Allocated twelve onsite and fifteen offshore technical personnel to resource customer support projects and production needs.
- Defined staff competency needs and implemented XML, OOAD, J2EE, and UML trainings.
- Participated in and drove all aspects of the project lifecycle: Gathered requirements, designed systems and architecture. Provided consultation and feedback on technical designs of others.
- Project Manager, Technical Lead, Architect, and lead developer for PhaserSMART.
- Provided business systems analysis to map functional to technical requirements, resolved technical issues, and managed application development deliverables.
- Led technical teams to successfully deliver projects.
- Created Architecture designs and technical documentation. Contributed to the creation of best practice templates to ensure repeatable processes and scalable solutions.
- Designed and delivered internal and customer facing web applications.
- Developed coding best practices and standards.
- Started and led a Software Engineering Quality Initiative for Measurement Division.
- Web application design and development using Cold Fusion, SQL Anywhere and Java.
- Developed online Work Instructions creation tool and viewing environment.
Education and Training
Dean’s List, all quarters attended
Graduated magna cum laude